CATHOLIC CARE OF THE AGED
Ref No: 18/63
Applications Close: Fri, 5/10/2018
WHO ARE WE?
Catholic Care of the Aged (CCA) is a non-for profit, integral part of St Agnes’ Parish, Port Macquarie. With over 600 people in our care, CCA is the largest aged care provider within the local areas of Port Macquarie and Kempsey.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A warm, caring and compassionate environment that caters for the full continuum of the ageing process from self-sufficiency in our residential village, through to full dependency in our residential facilities and everything in between
- Positive lifestyle choices and a person-centred approach to care for older people that will enrich and fulfil their lives.
- We continually strive to improve, develop and grow our staff and our services, with the aim of developing innovative approaches that will provide the best possible care for the people we serve. This includes benefits like (but not limited to):
- An Enterprise Agreement which offers above award conditions
- Continuing access to the Aged Care Channel
- Ongoing support and development opportunities
- Online roster and availability management
- Health and Wellness program
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Lifestyle Facilitator to join us on a casual basis to provide resident directed care/lifestyle services in our aged care facilities. The successful applicants will be committed to the person-centred approach, and will work co-operatively and respectfully with residents, co-workers, families, visitors and volunteers. You will be excited for the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives. You will enjoy being a part of a values driven culture and will be able to address the selection criteria outlined below.
- Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic Values and Principles
- Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual Support
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health, with experience in recreational lifestyle programs for the aged
- Current First Aid certificate
- Positive attitude and a genuine interest in and compassion for the Aged
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Competent computer literacy skills, with demonstrated ability to use standard software packages (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel etc.)
- Knowledge of Dementia Specific care – desirable
HOW DO I APPLY?
If this role sounds like the one for you, click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your cover letter addressing the selection criteria and resume including two work references. Candidates who do not submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
If you require any further information please visit our website: www.stagnesparish.org.au or contact the HR Advisor on 02 6588 7444. Applicants will be required to undergo employment screening. To apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 5 October 2018