Type: Part Time (64 Hours) & Casual
Ref No: 18/07
Applications Close: Mon, 15/10/2018
WHO ARE WE?
Macleay Valley Catholic Parish Kempsey, in conjunction with St Agnes’ Parish, is a non-for profit and one of the largest employers on the Mid-North Coast. Vincent Court Aged Care facility is an integral part of the Macleay Valley Catholic Parish and offers a range of nursing and personal care services to its residents. Located in Kempsey on the idyllic Mid North Coast, within close vicinity to beautiful beaches and surrounded by pristine National Parks, our organisation offers a wide range of employee benefits.
We are currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced Registered Nurses to provide clinical care to residents. One position is part-time with the other being casual. The successful applicant will be committed to the person-centred approach and will work co-operatively and respectfully with residents, co-workers, families, visitors and volunteers to provide quality evidence-based clinical care.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A warm, caring and compassionate environment that caters for the full continuum of the ageing process
- Positive lifestyle choices and a person-centred approach to care for older people that will enrich and fulfil their lives.
- We continually strive to improve, develop and grow our staff and our services, with the aim of developing innovative approaches that will provide the best possible care for the people we serve. This includes benefits like (but not limited to):
- Continuing access to online learning via Altura Learning
- Health and Wellness program including access to join the Fitness Passport program
- Attractive Salary Packaging arrangements
- Paid maternity leave (conditions apply)
- An Enterprise Agreement which offers above award conditionsOngoing support and development opportunities
- Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic Values and Principles
- Registered Nurse – current AHPRA registration, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in aged care
- Current knowledge of Australian Aged Care Quality Standards, accreditation requirements, WHS legislation and the principles of aged and resident / client legislation
- Ability to work with a Person-Centred Philosophy
- A genuine interest in, and compassion for, the Aged
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Display a flexible, calm and understanding manner with a positive approach
- Available to work weekends, public holidays and shift work – flexibility in your availability is essential
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds like the one for you, click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your cover letter addressing the selection criteria and resume including two work references. Candidates who do not submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
If you require any further information please visit our website: www.stagnesparish.org.au or contact the HR Advisor on 02 6588 7444. Applicants will be required to undergo employment screening. To apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.