Type: Part Time / Maximum Term / 30 hours per fortnight
Ref No: 18/66
Applications Close: Tues, 6/11/2018
Do you want to work for the largest and most trusted aged care provider in the Port Macquarie area?
Are you passionate about providing quality care in a home care setting?
WHO ARE WE?
Catholic Care of the Aged (CCA) is a non-for profit, integral part of St Agnes’ Parish, Port Macquarie. With over 600 people in our care, CCA is the largest aged care provider within the local areas of Port Macquarie and Kempsey.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
• A warm, caring and compassionate environment that caters for the full continuum of the ageing process
• Positive lifestyle choices and a person-centred approach to care for older people that will enrich and fulfil their lives.
• We continually strive to improve, develop and grow our staff and our services, with the aim of developing innovative approaches that will provide the best possible care for the people we serve. This includes benefits like (but not limited to):
o Continuing professional development including direct learning and online learning via The Bridge
o Health and Wellness program including access to join the Fitness Passport program
o Attractive Salary Packaging arrangements
o Paid maternity leave (conditions apply)
o An Enterprise Agreement which offers above award conditions
o Ongoing support and development opportunities
Located in beautiful Port Macquarie, on the idyllic Mid North Coast, CCA has a rewarding opportunity for a self-motivated Registered Nurse, passionate about making a difference to someone’s life, to join our supportive home care team. The position will be covering maternity leave on a maximum term contract for a period of 12 months.
Responsible for the provision of clinical care to elderly clients in their own home, you will administer and schedule medications and provide specialised nursing care as required. You will monitor care plans and ensure all clinical documentation is consistent with the current care requirements of clients. You will be committed to the person-centred approach, and will work co-operatively and respectfully with clients, co-workers and their families to provide quality evidence-based care.
• Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic Values and Principles
• Current AHPRA registration
• Current knowledge of Australian Aged Care Quality Standards, accreditation requirements, WHS legislation and the principles of aged and resident / client legislation
• Display a flexible, calm and understanding manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Available to work weekends, public holidays and shift work
• A valid NSW Drivers Licence and comprehensively insured vehicle
HOW DO I APPLY?
If this role sounds like the one for you, click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your cover letter addressing the selection criteria and resume including two work references. Candidates who do not submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
If you require any further information please visit our website: www.stagnesparish.org.au or contact the HR Advisor on 02 6588 7444. Applicants will be required to undergo employment screening. To apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday 6 November 2018