SCHOOL ZONE TRAFFIC CONTROLLER
Type: Part Time
Ref No: 18/69
Applications Close: Fri, 9/11/2018
We are seeking an enthusiastic Traffic Controller (either experienced or willing to learn) to provide efficient and safe traffic control in the vicinity of St Peter’s Primary School and MacKillop College (Junior Campus) in Port Macquarie during school drop off and pick up periods. Hours of work are 3 hours per day (1½ hours in the morning & 1½ hours in the afternoon), five days per week (during school terms). The contract is for a maximum term to the end of the 2019 school year.
• Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic Values and Principles
• Experience in a Traffic Control role, ideally with a Blue Card Training Traffic Controller qualification, or a willingness to obtain this qualification
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective school traffic control by being punctual and vigilant during specified times of coverage
• Well-developed communication skills and the ability to provide clear instruction to school students and members of the public using the traffic areas of the facilities
• Knowledge and application of safe work practices to maximise the personal safety of all individuals accessing the facilities, and to report safety issues and incidents as they arise
• Friendly and calm manner, with the ability to work effectively in stressful situations
• First Aid Certificate
Applicants must provide a valid Working with Children (WWC) clearance at the time of application.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include a cover letter that addresses the above selection criteria, and a current resume. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be required to undergo employment screening. To apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
For more information about this position, contact Chrissie or Lily by calling 6588-7444.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: FRIDAY, 9 NOVEMBER 2018