KITCHEN HAND / COOK
Type: Part Time – 6 months 48 hours per fortnight
Ref No: 19/15
Applications Close: Tues, 26 Feb 2019
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
• A warm, caring and compassionate environment that caters for the full continuum of the ageing process from self-sufficiency in our residential village, through to full dependency in our residential facilities and everything in between
• Positive lifestyle choices and a person-centred approach to care for older people that will enrich and fulfil their lives.
• We continually strive to improve, develop and grow our staff and our services, with the aim of developing innovative approaches that will provide the best possible care for the people we serve.
This includes benefits like (but not limited to):
o An Enterprise Agreement which offers above award conditions
o Continuing access to the Bridge online learning
o Attractive Salary Packaging options
o Health & Wellbeing program, including the option to join the Fitness Passport program
o Paid Maternity Leave (conditions apply)
In this varied role, you will assist with the preparation and cooking of food and general kitchen hand duties. The roles are available as a maximum term of 6 months. You will have a genuine interest and understanding of the hospitality industry and be enthusiastic in providing exemplary food to our customers. You will enjoy being a part of a values driven culture and will be able to address the selection criteria outlined below.
• Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic Values and Principles
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a busy kitchen environment
• Current safe food handling certificate
• Ability to follow direction and instruction accurately and efficiently
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Availability to work day shift Monday to Friday, occasional evenings and weekends
• Certificate III in Commercial Cookery – desirable
HOW TO APPLY
For further information about the role, please contact Human Resources on 02 6588 7444. Visit https://www.seek.com.au/job/38260493 to apply. Applications should include a cover letter that addresses the above selection criteria, and a current resume. All applicants must address the selection criteria listed above.
Applicants will be required to undergo employment screening and must possess a valid NSW driver’s licence. To apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday 26 February 2019