Type: Full Time ,Ongoing
Ref No: 19/54
Applications Close: Wed 29/05/2019
NEWLY CREATED ROLE FULL TIME, ONGOING
St Agnes’ Parish is a dynamic not-for-profit organisation located in idyllic Port Macquarie. The Parish employs more than 800 staff who serve the local Hastings/Macleay community in aged care, community welfare, early childhood services and education.
We have an exciting opportunity for two Pastoral Associates. Reporting directly to the Parish Priest, you will assist in the preparation of parish sacramental and ecumenical celebrations and assist with/lead liturgical functions, prayer services, parish events and programs. Your willingness to organise rehearsals and celebrations (e.g. wedding, baptism) and to lead funeral services as needed will utilise your positive attitude, strong organisational capability and compassionate nature. You will be responsible for the training and formation of liturgical ministers and work creatively and cooperatively towards the formation of a lively, faith-filled, worshipping community.
Your demonstrated strength as a collaborative, team player and your clear vision for delivery of pastoral services in the context of a modern and diverse parish will see you actively contribute to a variety of key activities.
• Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic Values and Principles
• Formal qualifications in pastoral ministry, theology or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
• Willing to undertake further study when necessary
• A sound knowledge of the Catholic faith and a deep respect for the teachings of the Catholic faith and ethos of the Church
• Experience in working with people of God
• Knowledge of Catholic theology, sacraments, Church life and ministry, including current teaching and issues
• Excellent leadership, management and administrative skills (Exp. with Microsoft suite of products)
• Demonstrated team player with a strong focus on collaboration
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong, demonstrated organisational skills and experience
• An energetic, positive attitude with a genuine interest in and compassion for people
HOW TO APPLY
For further information about the role, please contact Human Resources on 02 6588 7444 or email@example.com.
Visit www.seek.com.au/job/39022799 to apply. Applications should include a cover letter that addresses the above selection criteria, and a current resume. All applicants must address the selection criteria listed above. Applicants will be required to undergo employment screening and must possess a valid NSW driver’s licence. To apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: WEDNESDAY 29 MAY 2019