Type: Full Time or Part Time (Negotiable)
Ref No: 19/64
Applications Close: Wed 12/06/2019
NEWLY CREATED ROLE
Full or Part Time (Negotiable)
St Agnes’ Parish is a dynamic not-for-profit organisation located in idyllic Port Macquarie who has provided care and education to the local community for over 44 years. The Parish employs more than 800 staff and 400 volunteers who serve the local Hastings/Macleay community in aged care, community welfare, early childhood services and education. Service is at the heart of the vision and mission of St Agnes’ Parish.
The act of volunteering in the service of others is an expression of faith and love that is highly valued in our Parish. This exciting new role will be a central point of coordination between our highly valued volunteers and the Service Areas of the Parish. This position will coordinate the processes for the engagement and involvement of volunteers including attraction, onboarding, compliance and monitoring, and will be seeking and recommending opportunities to enhance and grow our volunteer programs and services.
As the Volunteer Coordinator you will also be responsible for providing a high level of service and support to the Parish volunteers and managers, ensuring excellence in the end to end volunteer experience, process and model of delivery. As this is an exciting ‘start up’ role, you will have the opportunity, in consultation with your key stakeholder group, to co-design our Parish wide approach to volunteering.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE:
- Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic Values and Principles
- Passionate about making a difference
- 2-5 years’ experience coordinating volunteers or a volunteer program (preferred)
- Experience in volunteer/staff recruitment, training, support and coordination (preferred)
- Sound time management, planning and organisational skills to meet the demands of a busy position
- Proven networking and relationship management skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and growth
- Proficiency in using a range of Microsoft Office Packages including Excel
- Avaibilibilty to work occasional evenings and weekends
HOW TO APPLY
For further information please view the position description or, contact Human Resources on 02 6588 7444.
Please visit www.seek.com.au/job/39114128 to apply. Applications should include a cover letter which addresses the above selection criteria, and a current resume. All applicants must address the selection criteria listed above. Applicants will be required to undergo employment screening.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: WEDNESDAY 12 JUNE 2019