AGED CARE AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
HOME CARE EMPLOYEES AND DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKERS
Applications Close: Thu, 18/07/2019
CASUAL OPPORTUNITIES – PORT MACQUARIE
• Home Care Employees
• Disability Support Workers
St Agnes’ Parish is a dynamic not-for-profit organisation, located in idyllic Port Macquarie, providing education, early childhood services, aged care and community services to local people. The Parish is currently on an exciting journey of change and growth as we seek to develop innovative approaches to serving the needs of the people within our community and exceeding their service expectations.
Catholic Care of the Aged (CCA) and Centacare are integral parts of the Parish with a variety of exciting casual and part time opportunities for you in care and in home support roles. CCA’s inclusive approach is unmatched, focusing strongly on fostering social connections, encouraging physical activity, providing pastoral support in a person-centred way and developing a lifestyle tailored to the interests of our residents and our clients in the community.
Centacare is a registered NDIS service provider whose goal is to promote an inclusive and supportive community, promoting choice and providing a high quality, accessible service to empower individuals, couples and families to reach their full potential. We assist adults with intellectual and physical disabilities with the essential activities of daily living including but not limited to; personal care, domestic assistance, community access, group activities, access to specialist services, behaviour support and medication management.
In these rewarding roles, you will be eager to work collaboratively with your team to deliver person-centred care and support. You will be excited for the opportunity to make a real difference to others’ lives and will enjoy being a part of a values driven culture.
You will be able to address the selection criteria outlined below.
• Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic Values and Principles,
• An energetic, positive attitude with a genuine interest in and compassion for people
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to observe accurately and follow directions precisely
• Competent computer and keyboard skills
• Flexibility to be able to work a range of shifts during the week and weekends
Home Care Employees also require:
• Certificate III / IV in Individual Support or Aged Care – desirable
• First Aid Certificate, Driver Licence and own registered, comprehensively vehicle suitable to transport clients
Disability Support Workers also require:
• Certificate III in Individual Support or Disability – desirable
• Working with Children Clearance, First Aid Certificate, Driver Licence and own registered, comprehensively vehicle suitable to transport clients
HOW TO APPLY
If any of these roles sound like the one for you, visit https://www.seek.com.au/job/39411175 to apply. Applications should include a cover letter that addresses the above selection criteria, and a current resume. All applicants must address the selection criteria listed above.
Applicants will be required to undergo employment screening. To apply for any of these positions you must have the right to work in Australia. If you require any further information, please visit our website: www.stagnesparish.org.au or contact the HR Advisor on 02 6588 7444.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Thursday, 18 July 2019