CCA Wellbeing Forums garner glowing feedback
The free Wellbeing Forums run by Catholic Care of the Aged (CCA) at the John Worner Centre and Tenison Woods Centre on 18-19 September, 2019 were well attended by Village residents, prospective residents, friends and family.
The purpose of the forums was to provide resources for individuals who want to understand terminology such as ‘Active ageing, the continuum of care, wellness and consumer-centred care’ and who want to identify the services and support available to assist them in living their fullest life.
Guest speakers at the Forums delivered talks on:
- Funding your retirement and longevity
- Home Care package options and availability
- What NDIS means and eligibility
- Residential Care admission preparation and processes
- Lifestyle activities, programs and possibilities
- What Pastoral Care means and services are available
- St Agnes Food Services offerings and tastings
- Independent Living Unit availability, opportunities and walkthrough
Most people aim to live well and age well. Central to this is considering our wellbeing, being aware of what services are available and how to access these services to live well.
The forums were a great opportunity for starting conversations, enjoying a cuppa and delicious morning tea from St Agnes’ Food Services and generating some very exciting ideas for lifestyle activities in the future!
Such positive feedback was received from attendees that we’re hoping to run another Wellbeing Forum early in the New Year. If you have any suggestions for topics you would like considered for the next one please contact the Village Management Office 6584 3515 or Donnelly House 5525 3600.