GRADUATE NURSE PROGRAM – 2020
Type: Full Time for 12 Months
Ref No: 19/95
Applications Close: Sun, 27/10/2019
- Are you a passionate, enthusiastic and motivated newly graduated Registered Nurse who wants to start your career by making a real difference?
- Would you like to be part of a unique Graduate Leadership Program that gives you aged care clinical and leadership experience?
- Are you keen to be able to live and work on the idyllic Mid North Coast?
Catholic Care of the Aged (CCA) is an integral part of St Agnes’ Parish, Port Macquarie and the largest aged care provider within the Port Macquarie and Kempsey areas. CCA is offering you in February 2020 the opportunity to kick start your nursing career in a dynamic and progressive organisation, and make a positive difference to the lives of our residents and their families.
Given populations are ageing in Australia and throughout the developed world, working in the aged care field you will more than likely be guaranteed a job for life and, with our support and first-class training, the opportunity for rapid promotion.
Our Graduate Nurse Program is a 12 months’ full time program with the rare opportunity of combining valuable practical and diverse aged care clinical experience. You will be supported with professional development opportunities and clinical coaching by CCA’s Nurse Educator and onsite clinical professionals.
You will have the chance to experience specialty areas such as:
- Palliative Care
- Complex and chronic care
- Specialty funding systems such as ACFI
- Quality and accreditation
- Leadership and mentoring
- Specialised wound care
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Have recently obtained your Bachelor of Nursing in Australia (in the past 12 months)
- Be registered with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse by 1 February 2020, and
- Be an Australian citizen or hold a visa that allows full-time employment in Australia.
- Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic Values and Principles
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and commitment to a person centred, evidence based approach to clinical care
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to a career in aged care, with a genuine interest in and compassion for the aged
- Positive attitude with a flexible, calm and understanding manner
- Competent computer literacy skills, with demonstrated ability to use standard software packages (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel etc.)
Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Diocese of Lismore Care Services NSWNMA and HSU NSW Enterprise Agreement (2017-2020). You can take advantage of CCA’s benefits offered through our benefits program, such as salary packaging, meal entertainment, Fitness Passport and much more.
Interested applicants must be willing to work all shifts to include weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
The position description for this role can be obtained via the Parish website at https://www.stagnesparish.org.au or by contacting Human Resources on 02 6588 7444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Seek to apply at https://www.seek.com.au/job/40091491. Applications should include a cover letter which addresses the above selection criteria, and a current resume. All applicants must address the selection criteria listed above. Applicants will be required to undergo employment screening.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: SUNDAY, 27 OCTOBER 2019