ONGOING – 76 HOURS PER FORTNIGHT – NEW ROLE
WHO ARE WE?
St Agnes’ Catholic Parish is a dynamic not-for-profit organisation, located in idyllic Port Macquarie, providing education, early childhood services, aged care and community services to local people. The Parish is currently on an exciting journey of change and growth as we seek to develop innovative approaches to serving the needs of the people within our community and exceeding their service expectations.
St Agnes’ Care and Lifestyle is a non-for profit, integral part of St Agnes’ Catholic Parish, Port Macquarie. With over 600 people in our care, it is the largest local aged care provider. St Agnes’ Care and Lifestyle’s inclusive approach is unmatched, focusing strongly on fostering social connections, encouraging physical activity, providing pastoral support in a person-centred way and developing a lifestyle tailored to the interests of our residents and our clients in the community.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
• A warm, caring and compassionate environment that caters for the full continuum of the ageing process
• Positive lifestyle choices and a person-centred approach to care for older people that will enrich and fulfil their lives
• We continually strive to improve, develop and grow our staff and our services, with the aim of developing innovative approaches that will provide the best possible care for the people we serve. This includes benefits like (but not limited to):
• Continuing professional development including direct learning and online learning
• Health and Wellness program including access to join the Fitness Passport program
• Attractive Salary Packaging arrangements
• Paid maternity leave (conditions apply)
• An Enterprise Agreement which offers above award conditions
• Ongoing support and development opportunities
St Agnes’ Care and Lifestyle has a rewarding opportunity for a self-motivated Home Care Clinical Care Coordinator, passionate about making a difference to someone’s life, to join our supportive home care team.
This is a newly created clinical role which will assist the Program Manager to provide clinical care and assessments to clients on higher level packages (3 and 4), and to assist clients in managing a Home Care Package in an enabling self-directed manner to meet goals that maintain independence and dignity. The role includes coordination of services using a person-centred care approach and balances direct client care with the oversight of quality and compliance within the program and staff training and clinical competencies.
The position provides clinical in-home services which include care plan assessments, medication, incontinence, wound, chronic disease, complex wound management, palliative care and diabetes. The job holder will need to maintain knowledge of regulatory compliance and the Aged Care Quality Agency standards to ensure that practices meet the standards outcomes. The position will involve taking a lead role in ensuring the service meets all accreditation and auditing requirements against the aged care standards including audit planning, preparation and participation. You will assist the Program Manager in supervising, training and supporting staff.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
• Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic Values and Principles
• Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent with AHPRA registration
• Cert IV in training and assessment or other training qualification (desirable).
• Demonstrated understanding of Home Care funding and budgeting with experience in planning, prioritising and implementing budgets
• Relevant community nursing and or aged care experience
• Understanding of clinical care in a home care setting
• Demonstrated experience in assessment, person-centred care planning, care management and review
• Ability to guide work and drive outcomes in a team environment with prior experience in training and supervising staff (desirable)
• Ability to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the service and people we support
• Current Drivers Licence, Comprehensive Motor Vehicle Insurance and suitable motor vehicle
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds like the one for you, visit https://www.seek.com.au/job/51300598 to apply. Applications should include a cover letter that addresses the above selection criteria, and a current resume.
Applicants will be required to undergo employment screening. To apply for any of these positions you must have the right to work in Australia. If you require any further information, please visit our website: https://www.stagnesparish.org.au or contact the Recruitment Advisor on 02 6588 7444.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: FRIDAY, 29 JANUARY 2021