ABOUT THE ROLE
This position plays an integral role in the success of St Agnes Catholic Parish, ensuring responsible stewardship of the organizations resources and effective and efficient financial systems.
Reporting to the Group CFO, the position leads and manages the organization’s financial planning and reporting, treasury and compliance functions as well as the delivery of centralised financial services.
With a focus on the transformation its current operating model, the Finance Office will achieve a greater level of engagement to support initiatives that will deliver improved customer service, operational efficiencies and reporting solutions for decision making purposes.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading the Finance and Business services teams, including business partnering, financial and management accounting functions and transactional financial services, to deliver exceptional customer service
- Lead the monthly reporting and analysis processes, including review of balance sheet and reconciliations
- Ensure compliance and best practice in relation to the annual statutory reporting and audit program including the delivery of the Parish’s consolidated general purpose financial statements
- Manage the treasury function including long term debt facilities, working capital management, cash flow forecasting and investment strategies to maximise financial benefit.
- Identify and manage financial risks, develop quality assurance programs and ensure legislative compliance within the Finance function
- Develop and maintain the company’s financial policy framework to ensure these align with the company’s strategic goals.
WHO WE ARE
Since the first St Agnes’ Catholic Church was built in 1878, the Parish has played an essential role in caring for, guiding and growing the local community.
The St Agnes’ Catholic Parish of today is diverse, vibrant and represents all age groups and many different cultures and backgrounds.
St Agnes’ Catholic Parish provides meaningful services across the full spectrum of life in ministry, education, childcare, aged care, family support, disability, employment and training.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have an understanding of the Catholic faith and an appreciation its value systems, beliefs and practices.
- Tertiary accounting qualification and CA/CPA membership. (requirement)
- You have a proven track record of successful leadership and management of a financial function in a large and complex organisation.
- Demonstrated track record leading and managing initiatives to transform service delivery across financial and non-financial services whilst ensuring a strong financial control environment.
- A skilled communicator with the ability to talk to all people and interpret data effectively.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and reporting skills.
- Solutions focused, resilient, pragmatic & confidential.
WHAT WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES
- Competitive salary that reflects the local market.
- You will have access to great employee perks including a salary packaging and Fitness Passport.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your immediate family members.
- Working with a well-respected, vales based organisation.
- Inclusive team culture and supportive environment.
- A focus on work/life balance and on your wellbeing.
- We provide excellent mentoring and development opportunities
- Study Assistance Program.
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds like you, submit your resume and cover letter that addresses the key criteria outlined in this ad.
To apply for any of these positions you must have the right to work in Australia. If you require any further information, please contact the Recruitment Advisor on 6588 7444