Centacare Housing Program provides secure, long-term accommodation to those in need and links tenants to specialist support from other community organisations.
To be eligible an applicant must:
- be a citizen or have permanent residency in Australia
- be resident in New South Wales (NSW)
- be registered with Housing NSW and be able to provide Centacare a T-Number
- have a household income within the specified eligibility limits (generally low-income
- not own any assets or property which could reasonably be expected to resolve their housing need
- be able to sustain a successful tenancy, with or without support
- if applicable, make repayments of any former debts to FACS Housing NSW or a community housing provider
- in general, be 18 years of age or older
- additional eligibility criteria may apply for some properties under specialist housing programs or arrangements. For example; applicants must identify as having disability.
Application forms are available from reception, or can be sent via email or post. Assistance can be provided in completing the form if required. When Centacare receive a completed form, a staff member will contact the person to discuss the application.
Please note: Centacare does not have emergency accommodation. Properties are limited and Centacare offers long-term accommodation which has limited tenancy turnover, therefore lengthy waiting list times are to be expected. Applications and allocation of property is based on need and any additional eligibility criteria.