The John Henry Institute provides training in nationally recognised skill sets and qualifications and includes a range of non accredited short courses.
We are committed to offering a wide range of training options and innovative delivery practices to suit your needs. Our goals include supporting students in realising their fullest potential and successfully completing courses to ensure a rewarding employment outcome.
Strong local partnerships with other providers, local businesses, and industry representatives allow us to identify learning and development opportunities relevant to regional development workplaces and real job opportunities.
We are a service area of St. Agnes’ Catholic Parish and a delivery site for the Lismore Diocese Registered Training Organisation (RTO 7054.)
Our mission reflects a commitment to excellence in training and adult education. Here are some of the practical ways we achieve this:
- Our course offerings reflect the needs of the industry and are validated by industry representatives to ensure they cover content relevant to the modern practices of the workplace. This means graduating students have a greater chance of securing employment in their chosen field.
- Our trainers are current and have recent and extensive industry experience. We provide excellence in contemporary learning strategies that are engaging and ensure success and completion for the student.
- We are serious about adult education. Trainers and experts review our content to ensure that our pedagogy reflects the learning needs of our students and the industries we represent.
- We pursue the latest educational practice and use of information and technology when required. We offer flexible study options to suit student needs.
- We care for our students. We motivate, coach and care for our students’ needs. Our pastoral care practices are embedded in our business. As an RTO, we support contextualised learning to ensure our students’ successful and rewarding careers.
- We pursue excellence for ourselves and seek to learn and grow as an organisation and as individuals. We are also on the journey of lifelong learning and promote training within our organisation, which keeps us connected with the experience of being a student.
So wherever you are in life, learning, career or ambition, we invite you to give yourself the best chance to succeed.